Veliparib in Combination With Carboplatin and Paclitaxel in Treating Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
Full study details on clinicaltrials.gov
Name of PARP Inhibitor used in study:
- Metastatic spread (stage IV) or locally advanced and unresectable
- Patients may have estrogen receptor positive or negative (ER+ or ER-) disease
- Patients with breast cancer may not be HER2-positive ( 3+), or FISH ratio > 2.2
- No uncontrolled CNS metastasis
Type of study:
- Patients receive veliparib orally (PO) on days 1-5, 8-12, and 15-19 and paclitaxel IV over 1 hour and carboplatin IV over 30 minutes on days 3, 10, and 17. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or toxicity.
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute at Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033-0850
Contact: Clinical Trials Office - Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute 717-531-3779 CTO@hmc.psu.edu
UPMC Cancer Center at Magee-Womens Hospital
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15213
Contact: Clinical Trials - UPMC Cancer Center at Magee-Womens Hospital 412-647-2811
Disclaimer: Health links are made available for educational purposes only. This information should not be interpreted as medical advice. All health information should be discussed with your health care provider. Please read our full disclaimer for more information.
This site has been made possible by a generous grant from Morphotek.