Personal Giving Campaigns
A Firstgiving Personal Fundraising page is the easiest and one of the most effective ways to raise dollars. It only takes a few minutes to create your own online page and there are many ways to fundraise:
- Celebrate your birthday or anniversary by asking for donations to FORCE in lieu of gifts.
- Tell your story and ask friends and family to support the organization that supports you.
- Find a local event (a run, walk or other activity) you want to participate in and use FirstGiving to turn it into a fundraiser by getting donations for your participation.
Need some inspiration?
FORCE member Raychel Adler, participated in the Monterey Bay Half Marathon, set up a personal page on FirstGiving.com/FORCE and raised over $8,000 in support from friends, family and co-workers.
Alison Schneiger is using her page to tell her family's story and raise money for a memorial fund for her mom.
Now it’s your turn! Go to Firstgiving, click Get Started and follow the steps to create your personal fundraising page.
Here are a few suggestions to help ensure your success:
- Set a goal. Set a personal target and aim high. People give based on your goals so encourage larger donations with a higher goal.
- Personalize your page. Make your page as compelling as possible by adding your own photograph and text.
- Promote your webpage. The easiest way to do this is to add a link to your page into your email signature line. If you have a blog, Facebook page or Twitter account, you can promote there as well.
- Write a personal appeal. Your supporters want to help YOU and will be more inclined to donate if they can relate to your personal story.
- Start with a bang. Make sure the first person on your website gives you a large donation as this sets the level for everyone else. This could be you or a close family member.
Disclaimer: Health links are made available for educational purposes only. This information should not be interpreted as medical advice. All health information should be discussed with your health care provider. Please read our full disclaimer for more information.
This site has been made possible by a generous grant from Morphotek.