Joining FORCEs Against Hereditary Cancer® is an international conference designed by and for people and families affected by hereditary cancer or a BRCA mutation.
Please help us help our community and support our financial aid fund. Donate securely through our online processing system.
To donate by check, please send your check to:
FORCE Conference Financial Aid Fund
16057 Tampa Palms Blvd., W, #373
Tampa, FL 33647
Thank you for your interest in the 10th Annual Joining FORCEs Conference. Deadline to apply is June 1st.
Limited financial aid is available for select individuals who would otherwise not be able to attend due to financial reasons.
Recipients are chosen based on:
Although we will accept applications from previous recipients, highest priority will be given to individuals who have not received financial aid for a previous conference.
Please review the eligibility guidelines and requirements below before applying.
1. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please make sure you complete ALL questions, including the essays or we will not be able to consider your application.
2. Group entries are not accepted. If you are applying with others, each person must complete a separate application and each application will be assessed and prioritized independently.
3. Filling out this application does not guarantee you will receive financial aid. A committee will determine who receives the aid. Applications must be received by June 1, 2016. Recipients will be announced in July.
4. FORCE does not cover the following expenses: parking fees, taxi fares, flight change fees, luggage fees, food costs outside of conference meals, incidentals charged to the hotel room, rental cars, or any additional costs incurred during your travel. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are available Friday and Saturday only.
5. International applicants are eligible for registration and hotel financial aid only. International air travel aid is not available.
6. In order to maximize the limited funding dollars we receive, priority will be given to individuals who request partial aid for registration or hotel only. If requesting hotel aid, you must live over one hour driving distance away from the Hyatt Grand Cypress hotel in Orlando, FL.
7. You will be notified by email if you have been selected for financial aid. When applying, please make sure you use a current email that you check regularly. You have 7 days to accept or decline your financial aid, if awarded.
8. If you receive financial aid for a hotel room, you will be required to provide your credit card information to the hotel when you arrive. Your card will only be charged for any incidentals incurred during your stay.
9. Please make certain you can attend and consider surgery schedules, childcare and work schedules before accepting the financial aid. Financial aid cannot be transferred. Please note that the hotel and airlines will not refund us for unused rooms or tickets. If you need to cancel due to a medical emergency, please send us a doctor’s note to be eligible for next year.
10. If awarded financial aid, you are required to attend a photo shoot October 8th at 8:00 am. This photo will be provided in FORCE's acknowledgement to all donors and sponsors on behalf of all financial aid recipients.
Below are stories from some of our past financial aid recipients and the impact that attending the conference had on their lives and others in the community.
I am a survivor of stage IV breast cancer and I live in a predominantly African-American, low income neighborhood. It is often hard for women here to get access to proper care and information. I have shared the information that I learned at the conference with other high-risk members in my local community. Read more.
Despite seeing the effects of cancer up close, I wasn't fully convinced of its power. Although surgery was an option I had considered, my fear led to inaction. Read more.
While pregnant, I was diagnosed with cancer and treated with chemotherapy. Our unborn child was diagnosed with two birth defects. Then I tested positive for a BRCA1 mutation. If not for a scholarship, people like me would be unable to gain critical knowledge. Thank you, donors, for the knowledge your funding gave us. Read more.
Thank you for the tremendous job you and your team at FORCE do and for hosting my sister and I this past weekend. We are back home and tomorrow night we will host our first meeting to share with our people all that we have learned. Read more.
"LUVN LFE". My husband and I were on the way to the hospital when we saw the words on the license plate of the car in front of us. Those words became my spiritual motto on the morning of June 20, 2007. That was the day of my prophylactic bilateral mastectomies. Read more.