We have been busy at FORCE! I’m proud of the fact that we have so many new FORCE resources to share that a special blog about “what’s new” was needed.
If you missed our conference
You can view free webcasts of selected sessions from our 2011 conference. The following sessions are available for on-demand viewing:
- Focus on BRCA and Triple Negative Breast Cancer
William Audeh, MD; Melinda Telli, MD
- Why Does the Hereditary Cancer Community Need a Say in Research?
Sue Friedman, DVM
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer: Recent Findings
Steven Narod, MD; Elise Kohn, MD
- Mastectomy Options: The Changing Face of Mastectomy
Christine Laronga, MD
- Reconstruction Panel Q & A
Paul Smith, MD; Scott Sullivan, MD; R. Michael Koch, MD; Roger Khouri, MD
- Diet and Other Lifestyle Factors
Nagi Kumar, PhD
- Young Previvors: Medical & Emotional Issues
Ken Tercyak, PhD; Tiffani DeMarco, MS
Share this video and save lives!
Research shows that identifying and educating people in the highest risk category about hereditary cancer, genetic counseling, testing, and risk-management options saves lives. Raising awareness about hereditary breast and ovarian cancer is easy; watch and share our new HBOC video. Email the link, post it to your FaceBook page, or watch it together with family and friends.
Read the latest HBOC research
We’ve updated our New Research Findings page
- Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with hereditary cancer? Read more about research results on PARP inhibitors; promising drugs to treat hereditary cancer.
- You can find links to all the open PARP inhibitor research studies that are enrolling patients.
- Read our review on research from the American Society of Clinical Oncology Conference (ASCO).
- Read our summary on new research about women with BRCA mutations being diagnosed at a younger age than women from prior generations
Read our latest edition of Joining FORCEs
Joining FORCEs is our newsletter with news, views, and perspectives from people facing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. The Fall edition is available online: view individual articles or print or download the pdf version.
Webinar for women with metastatic breast cancer
Our recent webinar, Metastatic Breast Cancer – What’s New?, presented by Hatem Soliman, MD of Moffitt Cancer Center is available for free, on-demand viewing. Visit our archive page to view other free, on-demand webinars including:
- How do I decide? Decision-making surrounding hereditary cancer
- Nutrition and supplements
- Genetics 101
- Does ovarian cancer start in the fallopian tubes?
New research survey for young previvors
FORCE is partnering with researchers to develop programs to meet the needs of young women who are at high risk for breast or ovarian cancer. If you are a high risk woman between the ages of 18-25, please consider filling out our anonymous research survey for young previvors.
Visit our Research Survey page for other open surveys including:
- Survey about insurance coverage of preventive services
- Survey for men with BRCA mutations
- Survey for women with metastatic hereditary cancer
- Survey on preventive options for high risk women who have their ovaries
New resources for people facing surgery
- If you are facing an upcoming breast or gynecologic surgery, our Patient Experience Contact Tool allows you to search for women who had the same surgery or used a particular surgeon. If you have already had surgery and want to help other women with their choices you can submit your contact information to the tool.
- Download our mastectomy checklist with helpful tips and tools collected from FORCE members who have undergone surgery.
Visit our Local Events page for local FORCE meetings and events near you.
Upcoming new resources from FORCE include:
- information on how you can help us set our research priorities
- advocacy for men at high risk for prostate cancer
- our new and improved reconstruction photo gallery which will allow you to post your own photos