Be Empowered Webinars
Who Should Attend?
People concerned about hereditary breast and ovarian cancer, cancer survivors, previvors, and health care providers.
Funding & Support
FORCE's Be Empowered webinars are made possible by a generous grant from Genentech.
Please join us for a special series of on-line seminars for people affected by hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. Our series features presentations by experts on topics of importance to our community. You can submit questions for our speakers to answer at the end of each webinar.
How to Attend
- The FORCE webinar series uses "Go To Meeting" software. When you register you will be sent information on installing the free "Go to Meeting" software program, along with a link for the event and phone number if you choose to dial in.
- You must be pre-registered. Simply click the title of the upcoming webinar and complete the registration to receive the event link and call in phone number.
- On the day of the event, about 10-15 minutes before the start time, please click the link you received by email to join our session. if you are listening through your computer speakers - there's nothing else to do. If you're using the phone line, call the number provided about 5 minutes before the webinar start time.
Check back here for our upcoming webinar schedule.
Fitness, Lifestyle, and Quality of Life
- Nutrition and Supplements (May 11, 2011)
- How Do I Get Motivated? Changing your lifestyle and diet (January 11, 2011)
- Exercise, Obesity, and Cancer Prevention: An Update (March 3, 2010)
Risk Assessment, Genetic Counseling and Genetic Testing
- Genetics 101 (March 10, 2011)
- GINA Update: The Newly Enacted Federal Ban on Genetic Discrimination and What It Means for You (April 13, 2010)
Risk Management and Treatment
- Salpingectomy: Can Removing the Fallopian Tubes Lower Ovarian Cancer Risk? (April 11, 2013)
- Pregnancy and Fertility for Previvors and Survivors (June 19, 2012)
- Update on the IMPACT Study and Implications for Men with BRCA Mutations (March 27, 2012)
- High-Risk Surveillance for Breast Cancer (February 22, 2012)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer - What’s New? (September 19, 2011)
- How Do I Decide? Decision-making Surrounding Hereditary Cancer (August 2, 2011)
- Does Ovarian Cancer Start in the Fallopian Tubes? How Does This Affect Screening and Prevention? (February 8, 2011)
- Treatment for Triple Negative Breast Cancer: An Update (July 20, 2010)
Relationships, Communications, and Family Dynamics
- Sharing Risk Information with Children (May 5, 2010)
Disclaimer: Health links are made available for educational purposes only. This information should not be interpreted as medical advice. All health information should be discussed with your health care provider. Please read our full disclaimer for more information.
This site has been made possible by a generous grant from Morphotek.