Session: Workshop: Hormone Replacement-Good, Bad, In Between?
Speaker: Anne Ford, MD
This 85-minute concurrent workshop will help participants use the information available to make decisions about whether or not to use hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause. Dr. Ford will:
- discuss common menopausal symptoms and hormonal and nonhormonal options for managing these symptoms
- outline the available information on the risks and benefits of surgical menopause with and without hormone replacement therapy
- assist attendees in making informed decisions about managing their menopause symptoms with or without hormones.
This session is appropriate for:
- survivors and previvors who have undergone early menopause
- survivors and previvors considering premenopausal prophylactic oophorectomy
- health care providers who treat survivors and previvors
- social workers/mental health care professionals who treat survivors and previvors